This My Colections Interior Design

Sunday, January 17, 2010

White will be the colour of my year...

(At home with white)


I know some of you maybe thinking booooring but after living in a home with dark timber furniture and dark timber floors for so many years I'm dying to lighten things up for a change.



(Jacqueline Adams antiques)
Mum feels the same. She has dark furniture too that she's had forever and although she can't part with most of it she's going to lighten up her surroundings as much as she can too.

(Mari Eriksson)


My place already has a white tiled floor throughout most of it and white walls. The kitchen and main bathroom are also white. I just need to make a few modifications :)

(Sharyn Cairns)

I'd like to buy white furniture for my front living and dining room but of course my accents will have to include my favourite muted palette.

The front rooms will be soft and feminine and the back family room, although still with white floors and walls will also include hues of charcoal, french grey, red in winter and blue in summer.

There is also a garage conversion, now a rumpus for the kids and that is the only room I plan to darken a little to make it more cosy and comfy. A brooding teenage retreat haha.

Of course, will this all be completed by the end of the year? probably not hehe but It's definitely a work in progress that will keep me focused and inspired throughout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...